not in a hurry - update




I know that some of you are here just for the hot gossip; the most relevant and recent update. You didn’t sign up for sermons, devotionals, or ‘words from the Lord’. I see you and you are still welcome here, even if ‘here’ is the bottom of this blog where that hot goss lives. ;) 

-----

Several weeks ago, I (Tiffany) had the opportunity to attend a one day conference for women in the Seattle area. I attended by myself, bravely signed up to volunteer. In this space, I saw the Lord move in big ways for women from ages 3-83.


In this conference, I experienced a beautiful surrender of control for our fertility journey. For the past two years, I have been grasping at straws to try and control anything I can in this uncontrollable process. I have felt like I have been trying to harness and tame the wind. During the conference, the Spirit made it clear to me that I need to let go of any timeline I have.  They shared with me ‘do not be in a hurry’. 


Maybe this journey is like the wind; it is fierce, unique, bold and not meant to be tied down. Rather than trying to capture it and wrestle with it, I have a chance to stand still and recognize the beauty as it roars around me. 


There have certainly been days where my peace gets swallowed up in the howl of the wind, but there have been more days where I have this giddy expectancy of what is to come. Kind of like a fan girl vibe haha.


This peace and surrender has also shown up in a freedom and renewing of caring for my body. I have a long history with disordered eating, so exercise, ‘dieting’, and trying to lose weight can send me down a scary path fast. But the past few weeks, I have been antsy for movement, eager to make sure I am eating plenty of what my body needs and willing (not terribly excited) to take the supplements that help prepare my body to be the healthiest home for a growing baby when the time does come.


This is a peace that makes no sense, and I am grateful for it.

-----

Here is the latest as far as embryo adoption - Long story short - we are still waiting to be matched.

Alec and I were sent a profile on June 5th of a couple that is biracial; the dad being Hispanic and the mom is British. These are the same ethnic groups that Alec and I belong to. WOAH! The amount of Latinx embryos available are very few, so we are so excited that this family was shared with us. 

We ‘swiped right’ saying that we are interested in moving forward with this family. Now, we are waiting to see if the family ‘swipes right’ on us. They received our profile along with 3 or 4 others of waiting couples. Now they have to make the big choice of who will receive the 5 embryos that they have to donate.


Alec and I are hopeful about this couple and feel that it could be a really great fit! They have one kiddo through IVF and they are donating all 5 of their remaining embryos to just one couple. This means that the receiving couple would have just one family and one child to introduce their embryo adopted children to, rather than having siblings with different parents dispersed across the country. 


BUT all that to say - I am confident that S&S (the donor couple) will make the best choice for them and their little one. I am confident that even if this isn’t OUR miracle, it is someone’s and our time will come.

Their decision is due to the agency this weekend, so Alec and I should hear the answer early this next week.
If you are the praying type, can you pray for S&S as they make this decision? Can you pray for Alec and I as we wait and also as we prepare to receive the ‘yes’ or ‘no’?


We are hopeful and know that our time will come and our little embryos are waiting for us. Thank you for joining on this journey - we will be sure to keep you posted.






Comments

Popular Posts